Friday, November 9, 2012

IDW: On The Runway, Bo Parcon and Jaki Penalosa


First of all, I just want to thank the coordinators of Iloilo Designers Week for giving us bloggers this opportunity to participate in the first ever fashion event of lloilo showcasing local talents, for accommodating us and giving us front row seats, no less. This helped us not only get our blogs noticed, but also helped us know other Iloilo bloggers and share each others’ passion for fashion. I hope there will be more of such kinds of event in the future. =D (naks, nagpapalakas.haha.)

Anyway, here are the first two designers I really admire, the ones really known here in Iloilo, and whom I’ve heard about for quite a while now, Bo Parcon and Jaki Penalosa.

BO PARCON

I really love Bo Parcon's designs, although I wouldn’t wear it cause it’s not really my style. I love the mix of hard and soft fabrics, and the color palette, gives off that cool vibe. I could see the likes of bloggers Paul Jatayna and Cecil Van Straten (CHUVANESS) on those clothes, very androgynous.





JAKI PENALOSA

Jaki is known for the use of hablon fabrics in her design, so I was kind of already expecting to see Hablon gowns and dresses in the runway. I really love how she plays with hablon, it seems like she never runs out of ideas of how to incorporate it in her designs. I also love the structured look of her garments, makes the garments look very elegant and world-class. If our president is a woman, she should be the one making their gowns and dresses.





That's it for now,next up: Menswear! =))

toodles!<3

No comments: